Batch the Biatch
Real EE Photo Gallery Batch Import
By Jeremiah Cohick, email "mass @ this domain dot com"
If anyone is looking for a true, real batch import into the ExpressionEngine Photo Gallery Module, take a look at my solution. It's not elegant, but it works.
How to Install
- Download, unzip.
- In batch.html
- Change line 10 to the URI of your EE system folder.
How to Use
- Go to batch.html in your browser.
- If you're already logged into EE, the Gallery Batch page will load in the bottom.
- Manually batch the first photo with the correct date and category. EE will remember the correct category for the next photo. Copy the date to the clipboard.
- Paste the desired date for the batch into the top frame and hit the submit button. The top frame will automatically submit the bottom frame (the photo album) every 5 seconds.
- Let the batch run and run and run. There’s no way to automatically stop it, so keep an eye on it.
July 22, 2006, .2: Moved the date field to the start of the hack. The date field now submits the value to the batchRunning.php file to avoid a rush paste after starting the hack.
July 20,2006, .1: Release
The next time you buy from Amazon, use my referral link and I'll get a small kickback.